THINGS TO DO ON SANIBEL ISLAND
- In our front yard! Clean your shells and identify them at our beachside shelling station.
Tennis, beach volleyball, swimming
- All available on Pointe Santo grounds. Tennis racquets and balls available at no charge from the condominium office.
- Sanibel Island has over 25 miles of paved trails, including through J.N. “Ding” Darling Wildlife Refuge. Bicycle rentals are available at Billy’s Rentals and Finnimore’s. Both will deliver and pick up bikes from Pointe Santo.
- J.N. “Ding” Darling Wildlife Refuge: World famous for its migratory birds, this mangrove estuary is home to more than 200 species of birds, and many other species of wildlife. The Refuge offers The Ding Darling Center of Education, tram, walking, driving and bicycling tours and several miles of canoe and kayak trails.
Educational Sites and Programs
- Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation This organization offers beach walks, trail walks, boat tours, wading trips and kayak trips.
- Sanibel Historical Village and Museum This site preserves and tells the history of Sanibel from the time of the Calusa Indian and Spanish eras to the pioneer families.
- Sanibel Lighthouse The historic lighthouse is on the eastern tip of the island, close to the fishing pier, with a good view of San Carlos Bay.
- C.R.O.W. The Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife is a non-profit corporation dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of sick, orphaned and injured wildlife. A complete wildlife hospital is located on the 12.5 acre sanctuary. The Healing Winds Visitor Education Center is open to the public.
- The Bailey-Matthews Shell Museum This collecting museum offers exhibits and educational programs about shells and mollusks, the shell makers.
- BIG ARTS offers live theater, arts workshops, lectures and classes are available for adults and children. An art gallery is on the premises.
- The Island Cinema shows first run movies and it’s right down the street from Pointe Santo in Bailey’s Plaza.
- Deep Sea Fishing and Shelling
Captain Joe’s Charters offers fishing, shelling and snorkeling trips and Sanibel Marina offers fishing charters as well as boat rentals.
- Kayak and Canoe Rentals
Tarpon Bay Explorers offers many guided tours to see wildlife up-close in the J.N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge.
- Waverunners and Parasailing
YOLO (You Only Live Once) Watersports offers high-adventure and extreme watersports.
- Periwinkle Place has twenty-five shops, restaurants and the Sanibel Day Spa and children’s play area and butterfly garden
- A Farmer’s Market is held at Tahitian Gardens every Sunday from November through April.
- Bailey’s General Store has everything you’ll need. It has been a part of Sanibel since 1899. And it’s within walking distance of Pointe Santo.
- Jerry’s Foods offers specialty items, a full service café and salad bar.
- From fun to formal, a restaurant for every occasion. Check Trip Advisor for options.